PDMAC4735 : Prime Collection Buddha of Luck & Non-Poverty Rare collection B.E.2495 Phra Uppha Khut (Wat Chanasongkram, Bangkok) with Katha:
|100% Authentic from Temple |
Name: B.E.2495 Phra Uppha Khut amulet
From: Wat Chanasongkram, Bangkok
Size: 1.1 x 2.5 cm.
Year: B.E.2495 (C.E.1952)
Material: This amulet is created from sacred herbs called “Nuea Wahn” and fully gilded black polish (Long Rak Pid Thong).
Information: Somdej Komphraratchawangboworn Mahasurasihanat a younger brother of King Rama Iwas a mainstream of restoring Wat Chanasongkhram after conquering battle with Burma and he made several imprints of Buddha amulet putting in pagoda.
This amulet was dug up during Indochina War around B.E.2495 (C.E.1952) that Chao Khun Phrathampidok (Niyom) abbot of Wat Chanasongkhram at that time permitted to knock down the pagoda in order to build the school.
Chao Khun Phrathampidok brought amulets from pagoda for people to worship.
Power: Phra Uppha Khut (or Phra Bua Khem) is an enlightened Buddha disciple who practiced perseverance at the navel of the sea. Phra Uppha Khut is an icon of “wealth” usually seen a monk sitting with one hand in alms bowl or with a lotus leaf on his head. Regular worship to Phra Uppha Khut, the worshiper will never get poor. Moreover, Phra Uppha Khut holds protective power against disasters and dangers.
History of Wat Chana Songkhram:
Wat Chanasongkhram Ratchaworamahawiharn (usually shortened to Wat Chana Songkhram), is a second-class royal monastery in Chana Songkram Sub-district, Phra Nakhon District, Bangkok, within area of Bang Lamphu opposite to Khaosan Road and next to Rambuttri Road.
The temple is located at 77 Chakrabongse Road, it is an old monastery which was built before the first Rattanakosin period (before 1782). The former name is "Wat Klang Na" (temple in the middle of paddy field), later the reign of King Phutthayotfa Chulalok (Rama I), Prince Maha Sura Singhanat (the king younger brother) granted Mon people and monks to lived in the area, renovated the temple to be resident of Mon monks. Later, King Phutthayotfa Chulalok gave the new name "Wat Thong Pu" (refers to name of a town in Myanmar after the name of Mon temple in Ayutthaya and Lopburi in the reign King Phutthayotfa Chulalok. The temple became a center of Mon sect of Buddhism as he awarded to Mon soldiers who formed major troop in war with Burmese. After the war, the temple was restored and made the royal monastery, and then renamed again to be "Wat Chana Songkhram" which means victory of war temple as Thai gained victory over Burmese for three times between 1785–87 (Nine Armies' Wars, Tha Din Daeng campaign and Sam Sop, battle at Nakorn Lampang Pasang).
“This content is copyright and duplication is not permitted.”