PROMO172 : Big merit invitation! Donate for Kathina B.E. 2561, Get Free Holy LP Hong Medal ( Wat Petchburi, Surin Province) with Katha:
|Don’t miss! Today till 16 Nov. 2018. |
Activity: Donate for Kathina B.E. 2561
From: Wat Petchburi, Surin Province
Year: B.E. 2561 (C.E. 2018)
**Wat Petchburi invites benevolent everybody to donate for Kathina B.E. 2561.
**Donor of Kathina gets free holy LP Hong medal (LP Hong blessed by himself), batch ‘Charoen Pon’ (Give a Blessing), year B.E. 2556 (C.E.2013), material copper, size 2.3 x 3.2 cm.
**LP Hong medal will help you from dangers and bad things. When doing meditation, you can think of Luangpu Hong at medal to make meditation better. Or when facing problems, praying to LP Hong medal will help you get through those obstacles easily.
“Kathina” is a Buddhist festival which comes at the end of Vassa, the three-month rainy season retreat for Theravada Buddhists. The season during which a monastery may hold a 'Kathina' festival is one month long, beginning after the full moon of the eleventh month in the lunar calendar (usually in October). It is a time of giving, for the laity to express gratitude to monks. Lay Buddhists bring donation to temples, especially new robes for the monks.
The merit of doing Kathina will bring the doer auspiciousness and prosperity. People believe when Kathina donor dies, he or she will go to the heaven and when they are born, they will be in the rich & good family, good-looking and a beloved person of people as well as have a lot of money and properties.
Biography of LP Hong:
LP Hong is a monk whom Thais will not forget. LP Hong, an abbot of WatPetchburi, Surin Province was born on Thursday the 24th March B.E. 2460 (C.E. 1917) in Surin Province. He got ordained as a novice at the age of 18. When he was 20, he got ordained as a monk at WatPetchburi, TumbonToongmon, AmphurPrasart, Surin Province. After 3 months of ordination, LP Hong went on a pilgrimage in Cambodia. In Cambodia, LP Hong met many guru masters and studied magic with them. He spent 30 years on pilgrimage in Cambodia. LP Hong was a good monk and a top guru monk in Thailand. He was respected by a lot of people in Thailand. Luangpu Hong calmly passed away on 5 March 2014.
Wonderful Things about LP Hong Told by Close Disciples:
1. LP Hong always had mercy on everyone especially animals. When he was alive, there were many snakes in his temple, but they did not hurt LP Hong. When a snake crept on LP Hong, he touched and let it go. LP Hong could do that because he was full of mercy and merit. He always taught people that freeing animals is good.
2. Things from LP Hong are holy. For example his hairs, when he shaved his hair, many people waited to get pieces of his hair to worship. They said these hair pieces would become crystal solids as years pass by. Particularly, areca nut chewed by him was what people waited for. They believed that it absorbed power of LP Hong because when LP Hong chewed, he spelt Katha at the same time. In fact, people believe areca mass from LP Hong can be an antidote and remove black magic from a person. Moreover, as years pass by, this areca mass will become a crystal solid.
“This content is copyright and duplication is not permitted.”
List of Donors:
1. Mr.John Tan 
2. Tan Eng Liang, Dickman & Family 
3. Gan Xiaowei, Denise & Family 
4. Tan Xinhui, Darni & Family 
5. Tan Kim Chye & Family 
6. Tan Kooy Huay & Family 
7. M!LK INC PTE LTD 
8. Mr.Will Taylor 
9. Mr.Keny Ong