FREQUENT ASK QUESTIONS
1.How Thai measure sizes of Buddha or amulet statue?
- We usually divide the sizes of statue by 3, 5, 7, 9 inches and other. We measure the size from the lap of Buddha or amulet statue (the largest circumference of the statue) like the following pictures.
- Moreover, we divide the sizes of statues that stand style by 3, 5, 7, 9 and other. We measure the size from the base of Buddha or amulet statue to the head like the following pictures.
2.Can one hang the Buddha amulet and talisman in brothel, toilet and casino?
- You can hang Buddha amulet and talisman in toilet but you should not hang Buddha amulet in brothel and casino. You should keep the Buddha amulet in your home before going. However, certain amulet can be hanged in casino and brothel such as Yee Go Hong, Phor Ngung, Mae Ngung, Mae Pur and other.
3.What is the correct and suitable way to arrange the Buddha statue and amulets in the altar?
- Please arrange them in this order. You should place the Buddha amulets and statues in top shelf. The second shelf should be Buddhist saints such as Phra Sivali, Phra Sangkajai, Phra Uppha Khut and other. Third shelf should be allocated for Bodhisattva such as Guan Yin, Jatukram Rama Thep and others. Fourth shelve are for monk amulet and statue such as LP Pern statue, LP Koon coin, LP Hong locket and other. The second lowest shelve are for devas such as Ganesha, Shiva, Hok Lok Sio (Fu Lu Shou) and other. Finally, Guman Thong and magical amulets such as Phor Ngung, tiger amulets, Takrut and other should be placed at the lowest shelve.
4.How to hang and arrange the Buddha amulet or talisman amulets in the correct order?
- You can hang as many Buddha amulets as you want but you might want to take note that you should not hand the Buddha amulets together with charming amulet such as Phor Ngung, Mae Pur, Nang Kod and others. Charming amulet should be hanged in another separate necklace.
5.What are the suitable offerings for the Buddha and talisman amulet?
- The best offerings are something that can easily be found such as fruit, a fresh water and snack. However, there are something that you should not offer to Buddha amulet and talisman such as alcohol, beer and food that are half cooked or uncooked. By the way, there are some amulets that you should offer with alcohol and beer such as Phor Ngung, Mae Pur, Namman Prai (charming oil) and others.
6.If the Buddha or talisman amulet is cracked or nicked, will it affect or reduce the amulet power?
- The crack or nick will not affect the power of the amulet. Whether the power will deteriorate or not, really depend on wearer. If wearer does goodness and accumulate good karma, the amulet will become even stronger as a result. On other hand, if wearer does badness and doesn’t follow prohibitions of Buddha amulet, his actions will result his amulet to be inefficient.
7. How to measure the size of ring?
- Way to measure the size of ring by yourself.
There are 3 ways to measure the size of ring by yourself that you can choose the easiest way for you.
1. Measure with standard circle form
- You should find the ring that fit with your finger.
- Place the ring on standard circle form to measure size.
- If your ring isn’t fit with standard circle form, you should choose the next size of circle that bigger than the ring.
Sizes in the picture are not actual sizes because it depends on your monitor. Please refer about size in mm. in standard measure form when printing out to measure the real finger.
2. Measure from the diameter of ring
- You should find the ring that fit with your finger.
- Take the ruler to measure the inside of ring for finding diameter (mm).
- Take the number of measure to compare with table on above that according International and US standard.
- If the size of your ring is 17.0 that between 16.8 and 17.2 you should choose the bigger size that is 54 (B) and 7 (C).
3. If you have not the ring that fix with your finger you can do following process:
1. Cut the paper that should wide less than 0.5 cm (cut in long style)
2. Bind the paper around the finger that you want measure (should fix your finger)
3. Write the position on paper at the joint
4. Measure the paper from tip to the position for example you can size 5.6 cm that is equal 56 mm. Therefore, the size of your ring is “56” (according of international standard (B).
Special notice: if you have big finger should bind the paper around knuckle.
4. Finally you can purchase the tools for measure the size of rings by yourself.
8. How many incense sticks to worship amulet?
We can divide the number of incense stick to worship each amulet or spirit following below:
1 incense stick worship ghost and corpse
2 incense sticks worship guardian spirit
3 incense sticks worship Lord Buddha, Lord Buddha’s teaching and monk
5 incense sticks worship King Rama V
7 incense sticks worship Brahma (Phra Phrom) and Phra Arthit (sun)
8 incense sticks worship Hindu Gods and Goddesses
9 incense sticks worship Thepharak (the spirit who live in tree or wood nymph)
10 incense sticks worship some Chinese gods
12 incense sticks worship Guan Yim.
16 incense sticks worship Gods and Goddesses in master level. Moreover, when you want to invite gods and goddesses should lighten 16 incense sticks too.
19 incense sticks worship 10 deities around the world.
32 incense sticks worship and invite deities from north, east, west and south of the world.
However, some amulets have specific the number of incense sticks to worship that depend of creator or method.