Directmall > No.1396: Wat Nok **Auspicious for Life > PDMAB9920
PDMAB9920 : Abundance Black with Gilded Imprint Phra PidTa Jumbo Wahn 108, 129th Anniversary batch (Wat Nok, Bangkok) with Katha:
100% Authentic from Temple
Name: Phra PidTa Jumbo Wahn 108
Color: black with gilded imprint
Batch: 129th anniversary
Year: B.E.2559 (C.E.2016)
From: Wat Nok, Bangkok
Material: Wahn 108 or the 108 auspicious herbs.
Amount: made 3,999 pieces.
Purpose of Making: to celebrate 129th anniversary of Wat Nok.
Power: A chubby Buddha with his hands covering his eyes is well-known as “Phra PidTa”, an icon of wealth in Thai belief. Idea of making Phra PidTa derives from “Phra Kawampati” or “Phra Sangkajjai” who was an enlightened disciple of Buddha. With image that looked very much like Buddha, Phra Kawampati transformed himself to a chubby monk so that people will not misunderstand him as Buddha and that became signature of Phra Kawampati or Phra Sangkajjai. Phra PidTa looks like Phra Sangkajjai, but is in a different posture; putting his hands on his eyes that implies an attempt to obtain calmness of mind by stopping seeing. Phra PidTa is praised as god of wealth. Whoever worships Phra PidTa will be successful in wealth and business.
Ceremony: 2 times holy blessing at Phra Borommathat Chedi, Wat Nok
First Blessing took place on 30 July 2016 joined by reverend guru monks as follows:
- Chao Phra Khun Phra Phutthajarn, Wat Trimit, Bangkok as president of ceremony
- LP Samang, Wat Bangphra, Nakhon Pathom Province
- LP Thong, Wat PhraPhutthabatKhaoYaihom, Chaiyaphum Province
- KB Kritsana, Asomsatan Suan Phutthasart, Nakhon Ratchasima Province
- LP Sitthithat, Wat Maphao Tia, Bangkok
- LP Chaiyawut, Wat Janpradittharam, Bangkok
- LP Apinya, Wat Bangphra, Nakhon Pathom Province
- LP Puan, Wat Banhanjaemsai, Suphanburi Province
- LP Surin, Wat Kuhasawan, Bangkok
- LP Ji, Wat Nong Wa, Wat Phetchaburi Province
- LP Kong, Wat Glarng Bang Gaow, Nakhon Pathom Province
- LP Auaypon, Wat Don Yai-hom, Nakhon Pathom Province
- LP Ang, Wat Yai Sawang Arom, Nonthaburi Province
Second Blessing took place on 26-28 September 2016 joined by reverend guru monks as follows:
- LP Panya, Wat Kok Kao, Nakhon Sawan Province
- LP Jaran, Wat Bang Plee Yai Nai, Samut Prakan Province
- LP Poon, Wat Ban Pan, Ayutthaya Province
- LP Sophon, Wat Phetsamut, Samut Songkhram Province
- LP Waew, Wat Phanan Choeng, Ayutthaya Province
- LP Boon, Wat Thung Hiang, Chonburi Province
- LP Somjet, Wat Nok, Bangkok
- AJ Prakorng, Bangkok
Wat Nok (Nok means “bird”) is located in Phasi Charoen District, Bangkok. This temple has the building where there is the big gold pagoda on the top floor. There are Buddha’s relics in the pagoda. People can come to pay respect to Buddha’s relics every day.
“This content has copyright and duplication is not permitted.”